Friday, July 21, 2006

But at least I was getting some...

Wednesday night, after some dancing and drinking, after some attempts at cheering up a friend who just experienced her first girl heartbreak, after getting a ride to my car by a friend, one phrase pointed out to me started me thinking.“But, at least I was getting some…” My friend, Anna (pronounced Awe-nah), gave me a ride to my car. She pulled up behind mine and we parked for a few minutes before I got out to leave. She asked me to fill her in on the back story of our friend’s break up. We then began sharing some stories about our exs and past relationships. Apparently I used the phrase “But, at least I was getting some…” a few times and she thought it was funny and pointed it out to me. I began to ponder it as I drove home and through out the next couple of days.

How often have I dishonored my soul by staying in a romantic situation (and it can be applied to work and other aspects of life as well) just because “I was getting some” or getting something. In past, I had a tendency to stay way past the expiration date of a relationship. Why? Even as miserable as I was I was getting something out of it. Now the fact that I was miserable and staying would be a good indication that the ego was more involved in the situation than my soul. Our souls don’t stand for stagnation or strangulation, but our egos thrive on that.

I have been slowly waking up and trying to honor my soul and the soul of others I have been involved with over the last couple of years. It has been a learning experience. I have had some moments of honoring and more moments of forgetting to honor. It isn’t as easy as I thought it would be when I started out. Truth is, it is very easy – our ego just makes it very difficult.

I have some more pondering to do and will be sharing that in the coming days. Thanks for taking the time to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home